Make the Most of Your Virtual Shift/Enter Experience:
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Get familiar with Zoom!
- Be sure you have Zoom video conference software installed and working on your computer (Getting Started with Zoom)
- We’ll strongly encourage everyone to use video for the entirety of the conference, so be sure yours is working. (How to Test Video in Zoom)
- Test your audio too. (How to Test Audio in Zoom)
- Familiarize yourself with the chat feature as well. We’ll ask participants to use this to ask questions during the conference. It will also be a way you can directly communicate with other participants. (How to Use Zoom Chat)
- Have your resume and cover letter updated and ready to review.
- You may consider having your resume and cover letter as a Google Doc to make it easy for folks to add comments and make live revisions.
- Or at least have them in PDF format so you can easily share with others.
- You may also want some printed versions for yourself to make notes on.
- Dress for professional networking.
- Even though this will be a remote conference, we’ll encourage everyone to use video.
- All participants are expected to comply with the C-ville Code of Conduct.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE DAYS BEFORE THE WORKSHOP:
- You’ll get a link and password to the Zoom meeting shortly before the event.
- The link you receive will bring you to our virtual check-in desk.
- This room will always be accessible to you and will be staffed with Shift/Enter volunteers to answer any questions you have via the Zoom chat feature.
- From here, you’ll be “moved” into other meeting rooms based on the conference schedule.