We are looking for a software developer to help us improve our website and add to our career development tools. Your knack for teamwork and clear communication will help our business thrive. We’re a small, tight knit team, and we hope you want to join us in our mission.
- Write code and lead projects that span the entire software stack, including prototyping, front-end development, API development, high-performance back-end applications, database design, and system architecture.
- Debug, analyze, and resolve scaling problems across a variety of web applications, with tactics like architecture simplification, adding caching layers or queues.
- Contribute to system architecture and build vs buy decisions, and make hard decisions about complexity.
- Contribute to team discussions on building an equitable working environment
- Come up with ideas for new innovative distributed organizing applications.
- Learn, grow, and succeed in your career.
- Currently fluent in at least one programming language and web development platform, with significant prior development experience in at least two programming languages
- Experience carrying a > 6 month long project over the finish line
- Experience debugging and resolving a major production problem
- Proven ability to fearlessly tackle complexity
- Interest in technical leadership, and in building a software engineering environment where everyone can thrive
- Passionate about mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Interested in learning and diving into new languages, tools, frameworks
- Experience on both front-end and back-end development and the interactions between the two, including HTTP, CORS, CDN caching
- Experience scaling applications with caching and troubleshooting bottlenecks at the database and application layers
- Determined and thorough- can see a project through from idea to prototyping, design, production, scaling and beyond
- Familiar with agile software development methodologies